Making a Splash: Swim & Dive Wins WCAC Championship!
Congratulations to Gonzaga's Swim and Dive team for winning the 2023 Washington Catholic Athletic Conference Championships on Saturday, January 28, at St. Mary's College of Maryland. The Eagles finished in first with a score of 469 -- more than 100 points ahead of second place The Heights (360) and third place DeMatha (338).
"I'm really excited to win the WCAC Championships and maintain a perfect record for Gonzaga in the meet's history." Head Coach Brian Kilner '16 said. "The swimmers and divers deserve all the credit for the training they put in year-round to perform at a high level at meets like WCACs. While the team certainly celebrates the achievement, we have shifted our focus to the three championship meets left this season."
Congratulations to the following Gonzaga swimmers who came in first place in their events:
- Boys 200 Yard Medley Relay - 1:37.29 - Lucas Zidlicky '23, Caden Wilkinson '25, Malcolm McKenzie '24, Aiden Bond '23
- Boys 50 Yard Freestyle - 20.87 - Aiden Bond '23
- Boys 100 Yard Butterfly - 52.71 - Palmer Bice '25
- Boys 100 Yard Freestyle - 46.40 - Aiden Bond '23
- Boys 200 Yard Freestyle Relay - 1:27.02 - Malcolm McKenzie '24, Jack Moloney '23, Palmer Bice '25, Lucas Zidlicky '23
- Boys 100 Yard Backstroke - 50.87 - Jack Moloney '23
- Boys 400 Yard Freestyle Relay - 3:11.40 - Jack Moloney '23, Palmer Bice '25, Andre Brooks '25, Aiden Bond '23
Next up, Swim & Dive will compete in the Washington Metro Private Schools Swimming and Diving League Championships (WMPSSDL) at the Eppley Recreation Center on Saturday, February 4. The Eagles are going for their 12th consecutive WMPSSDL Championship.
You can purchase tickets to the event here